The application period for the 2024 Samuel J. Crumbine Consumer Protection Award for Excellence in Food Protection is now open.
Named for one of America’s most renowned health officers, Samuel J. Crumbine, MD (1862–1954), the Crumbine Award is bestowed upon local environmental health jurisdictions that demonstrate unsurpassed achievement in providing outstanding food protection services to their communities. Since 2001, the award has highlighted innovative programs and methods that reduce or eliminate the occurrence of foodborne illnesses, recognize the importance of food protection at the local level, and stimulate public interest in foodservice sanitation.
To see if your jurisdiction is eligible and apply, please visit crumbineaward.com. The deadline to submit entries for the 2024 award is March 15.
The award is sponsored by the Conference for Food Protection, in cooperation with the:
- American Academy of Sanitarians, Inc.
- Association of Food and Drug Officials
- American Public Health Association
- FMI, The Food Industry Association
- Foodservice Packaging Institute
- International Association for Food Protection
- National Association of City and County Health Officials
- National Environmental Health Association
- National Restaurant Association
- UL Solutions