2023 Retail Program Standards Self-Assessment and Verification Audit Workshops
Mark your calendars! Four Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards Self-Assessment and Verification Audit Workshops will be held in 2023, two virtual and two in-person.
Two virtual, instructor-led workshops will be held:
- January 30–February 2, 2023 (11 a.m.–5 p.m. EST daily)
- March 20–March 23, 2023 (11 a.m.–5 p.m. EST daily)
Two in-person workshops will be held:
- June 9–June 11, 2023 (8 a.m.–5 p.m. EST daily) Norfolk, VA (AFDO AEC)
- July 29–July 31, 2023 (11 a.m.–5 p.m. EST daily) New Orleans, LA (NEHA AEC)
The Standards Self-Assessment and Verification Audit Workshop is designed to provide participants with an overview of the Retail Program Standards criteria and an in-depth understanding of the self-assessment and verification audit processes, worksheets, and forms. The workshop will enable participants to:
- Identify the requirements for each of the nine Retail Food Program Standards;
- Explore various approaches to meeting the criteria within the Retail Food Program Standards;
- Use the Retail Food Program Standards worksheets and forms to complete a verification audit of a jurisdiction’s self-assessment against the criteria contained in the standards; and
- Use the worksheets and forms to electronically compile and maintain results.
Registration information is forthcoming. Questions should be directed to your U.S. Food and Drug Administration Retail Food Specialist.