Two Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards Self-Assessment and Verification Audit (SAVA) Workshops will be held in 2022:
- May 24-26 in Tampa, FL
- June 26-28 in Spokane, WA as a pre-conference workshop at the 2022 National Environmental Health Association Annual Educational Conference and Exhibition
The SAVA Workshop will provide participants with an overview of the Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards (Retail Food Program Standards) criteria and an in-depth understanding of the self-assessment and verification audit processes, worksheets, and forms. The two-and-a-half-day workshop will enable participants to:
- Identify the requirements for each of the nine Retail Food Program Standards;
- Explore various approaches to meeting the criteria within the Retail Food Program Standards;
- Use the Retail Food Program Standards worksheets and forms to complete a verification audit of a jurisdiction’s self-assessment against the criteria contained in the standards; and
- Use the worksheets and forms to electronically compile and maintain results.
The Retail Food Program Standards serve as a guide to program managers in the design and management of regulatory retail food programs, provide a means of recognition for programs that meet the standards and are designed to help programs enhance the services they provide to the public. Participants should be program managers or those directly responsible for conducting program self-assessments and preparing for verification audits. Interactive workshop exercises have been developed for each of the nine Retail Food Program Standards and are designed to provide participants with hands-on experience in preparation for conducting a self-assessment or a verification audit.
The SAVA Workshops will be presented by the National Environmental Health Association in partnership with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Learn more and register: